口语精灵 Kouyu Jingling – Online tutor (no degree needed)
Can I apply if I don’t have a bachelor’s degree? Yes! No degree is needed for this position.
We’re currently hiring online teachers to help students build speaking skills and gain more practice time.
- All classes are 1: 1 to ensure we meet 100% of each student’s needs.
- Classes last for 25 minutes each.
- Student age range: 4-16 years old.
What equipment do I need?
- A computer with a webcam (HD webcam preferred).
- A headset with a microphone.
- Stable Internet connection (Download speed: 10mbps; Upload speed: 2mbps).
- Google Chrome browser.
Some of the basic requirements we prefer teachers to have are:
- Teaching certificate (purchase here for $34 – 120-hours TESOL/TEFL)
- Previous teaching experiences (beneficial but not essential)
- Supporting documents of non-criminal background check (beneficial but not essential)
- Native English speakers
** No degree needed for this position! **
What teachers will need to keep in mind during lessons:
- Personalization: asking questions to help the student relate the content or concept to their life
-Asking questions based on the student’s reaction
-Make extension on key words，relate the keywords to real life
-Appropriate language use
- Feedback：correcting student’s errors and gives praise to encourage the student
-Guide the student to say the whole sentences
-Correct the student’s mistake (grammar/pronunciation)
-Reward your students and help them to build confidence
- Checking understanding：ensuring the student understand concepts and meaning
-Instruction Checking Questions(ICQ) and Concept Checking Questions(CCQ)
-Retell what you have learned
- Critical thinking （especially for higher level)
Hourly pay is between $10-$12 per hour + bonuses.
What kinds of bonuses do teachers have?
- Positive feedback bonus
- Rebook bonus
What hours are available pick?
- We have classes every day! You can decide your own timetable.
- The time slots are 9am-9pm Beijing time.
- Peak hours are: 6pm-9pm Beijing time.
How does the booking work?
Students and parents will choose your classes based on your profile, and they also choose the topics they want to discuss.